Ram Sewak Sharma, IT Secretary appointed as TRAI chairman [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI): It was established in February, 1997 by an Act of Parliament to regulate telecom services in India, which aims is to create private sector in telecom industries. TRAI is an independent regulator that regulates telecommunication services.
- It also fixes or reviews the rates for telecom services in India.
- Its main purpose is to deliver a fair and transparent environment for fair competition in telecom market.
About Ram Sevak Sharma
- Ram Sewak Sharma born on born 1955. He is an Indian administrator. He is the Secretary of Information Technology. He joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1978.
- In 1986, he wrote a program in DBASE which is a programming language that would keep a record of all stolen firearms in the crime-prone district.
- He got the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration in year 2008.
- He has worked as Chief Secretary of Jharkhand government and had worked in the Department of Economic. He has also successfully led the Financing of Infrastructure projects.
- Recently, He is appointed as the chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Rahul Khullar was the chairman of TRIA who had retired in May 2015, now he will replace by Ram Sewak Sharma.
- Sharma is also going to retire in September 2015 from the position of secretary for department of electronics and information technology.
- Sharma’s appointment going to be important because the disturbance of deliberation over net objectivity in recent time.
- He is important choice for this position because of his knowledge of the telecom and information technology sector
- Published on: July 29, 2015