Ranji Trophy 2016 Has Been Won by Mumbai [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Ranji Trophy season 2015 - 16 has been won by Mumbai by beating Saurashtra by 21 runs at finals played at Gahunje Stadium of Maharashtra Cricket Association in Pune, Mumbai. Mumbai settled Ranji title for record 41st time after playing in record 45 finals with this victory.
- Shreyas Iyer of Mumbai is become man of the match with 117 runs in the match.
- With this he had mad 1321 runs at 73.38 including four centuries and seven fifties.
- Shardul Thakur from Mumbai also played important role in victory of team by taking five wickets for 26 runs in 13.2 overs.
About Ranji Trophy:
- Ranji Trophy is a national first-class cricket championship played in India between regional cricket associations teams.
- The first tournament was played in 1934 and it named after England and Sussex cricketer Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji.
- Currently 27 teams are playing these championship including 21 states (of 29 Indian states) and Delhi (UT).
- The format of Ranji Trophy is Round-robin then knockout.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 29, 2016