Ranjit Singh Baxi appointed as Head of Bureau of International Recycling [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian-origin entrepreneur Ranjit Singh Baxi was appointed as the Head of the Bureau of International Recycling, a global organisation that facilitates free and fair trade of recyclables in a sustainable and competitive world economy. Ranjit Singh Baxi replaced Bjorn Grufman. He will serve a two-year term as President of this global firm. Baxi was aelected as the Treasurer of BIR in 2011.
- Earlier, Baxi was President of the organisation’s Paper Division from 2007 to 2013. He has also published a book titled Recycling our Future- A Global Strategy.
- Baxi is a Founder Chairman of J&H Sales (International) Ltd. This company is a major European exporter of recovered fibre to the Far East.
- Baxi was also a served Governor at the University of East London and a Member of British Prime Ministers Trade Delegation to India.
- Baxi completed graduation (BSc) and he completed Master of Business Administration (MBA). He is the Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
- Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) was the first federation to support the interests of the recycling industry on an international scale. It’s headquartered in Brussels.
- It was established in 1948. It is representing over 850 member companies from the private sector and 40 national associations in more than 70 countries.
- Published on: May 28, 2015