Replica of human brain grown by US scientists [ Current News (Concise) ]
About grow of replica of human brain: Replica of a human brain has been grown by scientists from United States in a laboratory. This research was done by team of researchers from Ohio State University which is led by Professor Rene Anand.
About replica of brain:
- Brain which is called as ‘Organoid’, it was created from reprogrammed skin cells near about the size of a pencil eraser.
- To build the replica of human brain, the research team had transformed adult skin cells by modifying their genes into induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of pluripotent stem cell which can be generated directly from adult cells.
- This had resulted in artificial creation of stem cells which were then wheedled into developing different cell types.
- It also used for signaling circuitry of the brain including neurons and their signal - carrying projections, axons and dendrites along with blood circulation.
- This artificially grown brain holds support and protected cells.
- It can be used as important tool to test new drugs and research into brain disorders like Alzheimer’s
- Published/Last Modified on: August 25, 2015