Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwean President bestowed with 2015 Confucius Peace Prize by China [ Current News (Concise) ]
Robert Mugabe: Robert Gabriel Mugabe was born on 21st February 1924. Currently, he is the President of Zimbabwe and serving since 31st December 1987 to till date. As one of the leaders of the dissident groups against white minority rule, he was elected as Prime Minister in 1980 and served in that office until 1987 when he became the country’s first administrative head of state.
- He headed the Zimbabwe African National Union named Patriotic Front since 1975.
- He got reputation as the forerunner of the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU) in the 1960s during the fight against the conventional white - minority government of Rhodesia.
About getting award by China:
- Robert Mugabe is bestowed with 2015 Confucius Peace Prize by China.
- He was selected for his inspiring governance and provision to pan - Africanism and African independence.
- It was given to deal with incredulous difficulties of all kinds and his promises for making his nation’s political and commercial demand.
About Confucius Peace Prize:
- The Confucius Peace prize was established by China’s Communist Government after it was angered by Nobel Peace Prize given to imprison Chinese rebel Liu Xiaobo in 2010.
- It is conferred for improvement of world peace from analysis of Confucianism means universal synchronization in the world.
- In this award, fiscal prize of 500, 000 CNY means nearly 80, 000 dollars given to receiver.
- Published on: October 26, 2015