Rs 450 Crore Approved for Five States Under Swadesh Darshan Scheme [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Union Tourism Ministry has recently approved Rs. 450 crore for the development of Heritage circuit of Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Ramayana Circuit in Uttar Pradesh, North East Circuit in Sikkim and Coastal Circuit of Tamil Nadu under the Swadesh Darshan scheme.
- The Heritage Circuit in Uttarakhand:
- Site: Jageshwar-Devidhura-Katarmal-Baijnath
- Approximate cost: 83 crores rupees.
- Coastal circuit in Tamil Nadu:
- Site: Chennai-Mamamallapuram-Rameshwaram-Manpadu-Kanyakumari.
- Approximate cost: 100 crores.
- Ramayana Circuit in Uttar Pradesh:
- Sites: Chitrakoot and Shringverpur
- North East circuit in Sikkim:
- Sites: cultural centre, paragliding centre and craft bazaar for mountaineering and meditation hall
- Approximate cost: 95 crores
- The Heritage Circuit in Madhya Pradesh:
- Site: Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho-Chanderi-Bhimbetka-Mandu
- Approximate cost: 100 crore rupees.
About Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- The Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched by the Union Ministry of Tourism in 2014 - 15 with the objective to develop theme based tourist circuits in the country.
- These tourist circuits will be developed with the objective of high tourist value, competitiveness and sustainability in an integrated manner.
- Synergizing efforts will develop it to focus on concerns and requirements of all stakeholders to improve tourist experience and increase employment opportunities.
- 13 thematic circuits have been identified for development under this scheme and they are:
- Buddhist Circuit
- North-East India
- Coastal Circuit
- Himalayan Circuit
- Krishna Circuit Desert
- Circuit Eco Circuit
- Wildlife Circuit
- Tribal Circuit
- Rural Circuit
- Spiritual Circuit
- Ramayana Circuit
- Heritage Circuit
- Published/Last Modified on: September 8, 2016