Russia’s former PM Yevgeny Primakov passed away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Former Russian Prime minister Yevgeny Primakov passed away in Moscow after a prolonged illness. Yevgeny Primakov has died 85. During 1996 to 1998, Yevgeny Primakov had served as Foreign, Speaker of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union (in 1989) and chief of the intelligence service in during his long political career.
- Yevgeny Primakov had served as PM for just eight months between September 1998 and May 1999.
- Earlier, to Gulf war, Yevgeny Primakov had played a prominent role in negotiations with former dictator of Iraq Saddam Hussein.
- Yevgeny Primakov was born on 29 October in 1929 in the Ukrainian capital of Kiev in erstwhile Soviet Union. He had completed to study Arabic at the Moscow Institute for Oriental Studies.
- Full name of Yevgeny Primakov was Yevgeny Maksimovich Primakov. Prior joining politics, Yevgeny had worked as a journalist for Soviet radio and for Pravda newspaper as a Middle Eastern correspondent.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 30, 2015