Ruth Porat appointed as Chief Financial Officer of Google [ Current News (Concise) ]
Ruth Porat has been selected as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of world’s largest search engine giant Google and as CFO of Google she will directly report to Larry Page, CEO and Co-Founder of Google.
- Ruth Porat will replace Patrick Pichette who had announced his retirement on 10 March 2015 and assume charge on 26 May 2015.
- Earlier, she appointed as CFO at Morgan Stanley in 1987 and she has also served as Global Head of the Financial Institutions Group, co-Head of Technology Investment Banking and Vice Chairman of Investment Banking.
- Porat is also head of Vice Chair of the Stanford University Board of Trustees and a member of the US Treasury’s Borrowing Advisory Committee.
- Board Director at The Council on Foreign Relations and a member of the Advisory Council of the Hutchins Center, Porat serves as a of member on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at the Brookings Institution.
- Ruth Porat also was the lead banker on numerous technology financing rounds, including for Amazon, eBay, Netscape, Priceline and Verisign as well as for The Blackstone Group, General Electric (GE) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Contributed by: Neelam Kumari
- Published/Last Modified on: March 30, 2015