SBI launches RuPay Platinum debit card [ Current News (Concise) ]
India’s largest commercial bank State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a RuPay Platinum debit card with the help of National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). The RuPay Platinum debit card initially would be issued free to customers maintaining a quarterly balance of 50,000 rupees.
- RuPay Platinum debit card has a special feature which is accepted at all payment channels including ATMs, point-of-sale (PoS) and eCommerce for the convenience of customers.
- This card holders will also get additional benefits up to 5 per cent cash back on utility bill, complimentary concierge services, personal accident death and permanent total disability insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh, complimentary airport lounge.
- At present, SBI has 19.7 crore debit cards in circulation in this total debit cards in circulation i.e. 4.5 crore are RuPay cards.
- Headquarter of SBI in Mumbai and it is the largest commercial and lender bank of India.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 14, 2015