SC appoints CBI SP Vivek Priyadarshi as head of team probing IPL scandal [ Current News (Concise) ]
Supreme Court of India has appointed Vivek Priyadarshi to head an investigating team to further probe the Indian Premier League (IPL) season 6 spot-fixing and betting scandals and this decision was taken by a SC bench comprising Justices T S Thakur and F M I Kalifulla. Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) RM Lodha who is head and other three member panel took this decision in January 2015.
- At present, Vivek Priyadarshi is serving as Superintendent of Police (SP) in the anti-corruption cell of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Vivek Priyadarshi will succeed 1983-batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre IPS officer B B Mishra as the head of the probe team following his retirement.
- Supreme Court of India also has given permission Priyadarshi liberty to form his own team and seek the services of police officers from the central and state governments as and when required to probe into this case.
- Supreme Court of India also pointed IPL Mudgal committee which head of Sourav Ganguly who is former Indian captain of India.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 20, 2015