SWAYAM launched by the human resource development ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
About SWAYAM: SWAYAM stands for Study Webs of Active - Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. It is a MOOC (Massive Open On - line Courses) platform which will be used to learn from anywhere regardless of their situation as long as they have internet access.
About courses provides by SWAYAM:
- Currently, SWAYAM is expected to offer three different courses - one from UC Berkeley’s Umesh Vazarani’s and two from IIT Bombay.
- SWAYAM is going to use openedX as its MOOC platform.
- The Open edX platform is a free and open source course management system (CMS) that was originally developed by edX.
- The Open edX platform is used all over the world to host Massive Open Online Courses as well as smaller classes and training modules.
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore has also joined edX and it will also host online course soon.
The courses are:
- Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation: By UC Berkeley
- This course will offer basic theoretical overview to significant mechanics and major computation.
- Introduction to Computer Programming: By IIT Bombay
- This course is divided into two parts and it also offers learners with a base in Computer Programming.
- Thermodynamics: By IIT Bombay
This basic course in thermodynamics has been designed for the students of mechanical engineering.
Students will learn the concept and terms used in thermodynamics with exact definitions.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 23, 2015