Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, V V S Laxman inducted in BCCI advisory committee [ Current News (Concise) - Committees ]
Former Indian ace cricketers Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and V V S Laxman have selected the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI’s) which is newly-constituted Cricket Advisory committee. The Cricket advisory committee will guide BCCI in all matters related to the game. By the help of this committee, the national team on various progressive steps needed for future challenges on overseas engagements. They were nominated by BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmiya.
- This committee will also provide direction to improve BCCIs talent and take steps to strengthen domestic cricket to better prepare our players to handle the rigours of International Cricket
- Sachin Tendulkar who had played 200 Tests and had scored 15921 runs and 463 One Day International’s (ODIs) and had scored 18426 runs apart from a T20 International before retiring in 2013.
- Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly had played in 113 Tests and 311 ODIs for India apart from leading the country to the final of 2003 World Cup.
- V V S Laxman received Padma Shri in 2001 which is India’s fourth highest civilian award and also received Arjuna Award. V V S Laxman had played in 134 Tests and 86 ODIs.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 3, 2015