Sania Mirza won US Open in doubles category [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Sania Mirza: Sania Mirza was born on 15th November 1986. She is an Indian tennis player by profession. Currently, she is ranked as world’s No. 1 in women’s doubles. From 2003 until her retirement from singles in 2013, she was ranked by the Women’s Tennis Association as India’s No. 1 player, both in singles and doubles.
About her single’s winning: She won in singles by defeating: Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Marion Bartoli, World No. 1 Martina Hingis, Dinara Safina, Victoria Azarenka. About her winning at US Open in doubles:
- Sania has won the US Open women’s doubles with her Swiss partner Hingis by defeating pair of Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova by 6 - 3 6 - 3 in the final.
- By winning this title at US Open, now Sania has five Grand Slam titles, two in women’s doubles and three in mixed doubles.
- She won the Australian Open in 2009 and the French Open in 2012, with Mahesh Bhupathi.
- She also won the mixed doubles in 2014 US Open, with Brazil’s Bruno Soares.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 15, 2015