Satellite UN Kalam GlobalSat is named in memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Satellite: Satellite UN Kalam GlobalSat will be named in memory of late former Indian President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. This decision is taken to pay honor to the Missile Man of India, who died on July 27.
- A global satellite called as GlobalSat used for DRR which is a satellite for observation of Earth and Disaster Risk Reduction will be renamed as UN Kalam GlobalSat in the memory of the rocket scientist.
- Milind Pimprikar, Chairman of CANEUS (Canada - Europe - US - Asia) decided to rename the satellite after the late Missile Man of India.
- CANEUS is stands for Collaborative Aerospace and Energy Development micro - nano technologies. It’s headquarter in in Canada.
Use of GlobalSat:
- GlobalSat for DRR is a United Nation - driven initiative for sharing of technology and ideas to prepare and control the risk of natural disasters.
- The project was planned at the third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held at Sendai in Japan in March 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 11, 2015