Satnam Singh Bhamara becomes first Indian to be drafted by a NBA team [ Current News (Concise) ]
Satnam Singh Bhamara became the first Indian born basketball player to be drafted in the National Basketball Association (NBA) among 60 young men who will play in the next season of NBA. Satnam Singh Bhamara was chosen by the Dallas Mavericks team as the 52nd pick in the NBA Draft. He stands 7 feet 2 inches tall and comes from a farmer’s family.
- Satnam Singh Bhamara was born on 10 December 1995. The 19 years old Satnam who is hails from a small village Ballo Ke in Barnala district of Punjab.
- Earlier, Satnam was going training at IMG Academy at Florida, US and was coached by Scott Fleming. He had played for the IMG Academy graduate team during the season 2014–15.
- Since September 2010, Satnam was undergoing training in the US as part of a scholarship program between IMG and Reliance.
- Satnam also had represented India at the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship. Canada born Sim Bhullar was the first Indian origin player to play in NBA. He had briefly featured for the Sacremento Kings in the 2014 season of NBA.
- Earlier, Satnam Singh had represented the India national basketball team at the FIBA Asia Championship in 2011.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 30, 2015