Sebastian Coe the gold medalist in Olympics elected as president of IAAF [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Sebastian Newbold Coe: Sebastian Newbold Coe was born on 29th September 1956. He is also known as Seb Coe or Lord Coe. He is a British politician and former track and field athlete.
- Coe won four Olympic medals in running including the 1500 meters gold medal at the Olympic Games in 1980 and 1984.
- He had set three world records in running in the space of 41 days in 1979
- He also set world record in the 800 meters in 1981 which was remained unbroken until 1997.
About his posts:
- He was a member of parliament for the Conservative Party from 1992 to 1997.
- He was elected a vice - president of the International Association of Athletics Federations in 2007 and re - elected for another four - year term in 2011.
- He received the Lifetime Achievement award at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year in December 2012.
About his appointment as president of IAAF:
- Sebastian Coe who is former Olympic champion has been elected as President of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). He defeated Sergei Bubka of Ukraine by 115 votes and elected as President of IAAF. He will take the roll of Senegalese Lamine Diack who had led the IAAF for 16 years since 1999.
- Published on: August 20, 2015