Seema Punia Qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics [ Current News (Concise) ]
Seema Punia Discus thrower has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics scheduled which is going to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in August 2016. And with this she becomes 19th Indian track and field athlete to qualify for Rio Olympics.
- At the Pat Young’s Throwers Classic 2016 event which was held at Salinas (California) in the United States she has thrown discus at 62.62 meters and crossed the Rio Games qualification standard of 61meters and also win gold medal in the event and after that she was qualify.
- This will be overall third Olympic Games of Seema after 2004 and 2012 where she missed to get past the qualification round on both the occasions.
- Seema Punia Antil was born on 27th July 1983 in Sonipat, Haryana.
- She is also known as Seema Punia or Seema Antil.
- She is an Indian discus thrower.
- Antil has won the gold medal at the 2000 World Junior Championships, but lost it due to a positive drugs test for pseudoephedrine.
- At the World Junior Championships in 2002She won a bronze medal.
- At the 2006 Commonwealth Games She won the silver medal, and was honoured with Bhim Award by the Haryana state government on 26 June 2006.
- In 2014 at the Commonwealth Games she won the silver medal and gold at the Asian Games.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 31, 2016