Self-Regulation Code of Ethical Business Conduct for Industry Has Been Released by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
The self-regulation Code of ethical business conduct has been released by the Union Consumer Affairs Ministry which will be adopted by the Industry on providing best products and services. Department of Consumer Affairs and the industry bodies has inked Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in this regard which is related to self-regulated code of fair business.
The code contains establishment of dependable products and services for the consumers comply with the competition and anti-trust laws and respond to consumer grievances punctually.
It covers six broad principles to be adopted by the industry such as:
- Safety of products and services
- Building sustainable supply chains
- Marketing products ethically
- Non-indulgence in unfair trade practices
- Complying with competition and anti-trust laws
- Prompt response to consumer complaints
- Published on: March 28, 2016