Senior scientist Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar appointed as Director of CSIR-IICT [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar who is senior scientist was appointed Director of CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) a premier research institute of Union Government based in Hyderabad, Telangana. Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar was appointed by PM Narendra Modi who is ex-officio Chairman of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) functioning under Union Ministry of Science and Technology.
- In 1986, Dr. Chandrasekhar had joined IICT as a Junior Research Fellow. He was also promoted to the level of Chief Scientist in 2010.
- Dr. Srivari has been leading Natural Products Chemistry since 2010. Natural Products Chemistry is one of the largest groups at the IICT. He also has more than 250 publications with 5,000 citations to his credit.
- Dr. Chandrasekhar also has developed technologies for synthesis of latest anti-tumor and abortive drug mesoprostol, anti-tuberculosis drug bedaquiline and drug for treatment of schizophrenia asenapine etc.
- Dr. Srivari has made significant contributions in diverse areas of organic chemistry with a special emphasis total synthesis of biologically active natural products, on chiral chemistry and pharmaceutical products.
- Published on: June 17, 2015