Sepp Blatter re-elected as five time FIFA President [ Current News (Concise) ]
FIFA President Joseph Sepp Blatter was re-elected as President for the fifth time in history. Sepp Blatter was chosen for the post by the 65th FIFA Congress held in Zurich. Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan (39- year) defeated by Blatter who was able to secure 133 votes. Ali was a FIFA Vice President for the past four years.
- Blatter (79-year-old) won another four-year term as FIFA President after he was able to secure 133 votes out of 206 valid votes in the 209-member FIFA.
- The appointment of KPMG as FIFA’s auditors for the 2015-2018 cycle and he was also re-election of Sepp Blatter as President, the 65th FIFA Congress.
- The 66th editions of the FIFA Congress will take place in Mexico City in 2016 and and 67th Kuala Lumpur in 2017.
- The extension of mandates of Moya Dodd and Sonia Bien-Aime as co-opted female members of the FIFA Executive Committee for a further term of one year.
- Joseph S. Blatter is commonly known as Sepp Blatter who was born on 10 March 1936.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 1, 2015