Serbian Tennis Player, Novak Djokovic Wins 2016 Australian Open Men’s Singles Title [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 Australian Open Title in the men’s singles category has been won by World Number One tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia by beating Andy Murray of Britain in 7 straight sets by 6 - 1, 7 - 5, 7 - 6 score. With this win, Djokovic reserved the title and also equalled the record of Roy Emerson’s record of six Australian Open Singles titles.
- Earlier, he had won this title in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- It was overall Djokovic 11th grand slam title and equalled the totals of other tennis legends like Rod Laver (Australia) and Bjorn Borg (Sweden).
- Murray has submitted to his fifth injury in five Australian Open finals and he has beaten Djokovic for the fourth time in Men’s Singles Grand Slam championships.
About Novak Djokovic:
- Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- Djokovic has won 11 Grand Slam singles titles which are ranked fourth in the open era tied.
- By winning three Grand Slam titles in 2011, Djokovic became the sixth male player to win three Grand Slams in a calendar year.
Mixed Doubles Title:
- The 2016 Australian Open title in the mixed doubles category has been won Elena Vesnina (Russia) and Bruno Soares (Brazil) by beating Coco Vandeweghe (US) and Horia Tecau (Romania) pair with 6–4, 4–6, [10–5] score
- Published/Last Modified on: February 1, 2016