Setu Bharatam Project Has Been Launched by Pm Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
Setu Bharatam Project has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in order to make all national highways free of railway crossings up to 2019. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways will be implementation body of this project.
- 208 places have been recognized for construction under this project to build rail over-bridges (ROB) or underpasses.
- 50 to 60 years old or of the British era’s time’s 1, 500 bridges will be renovated and will be rebuilt.
- Union government will spend more than 50 thousand crore rupees.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has previously launched an Indian Bridge Management System to map 1, 50, 000 bridges across the country.
- And list of 50, 000 bridges has been equipped under it.
- The first cycle of condition survey will be finished up to June 2016.
- Published on: March 7, 2016