Shashank Manohar chosen as BCCI president [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Shashank Manohar: He was born on 29th September 1957. He hails from Nagpur. He is a famous Indian Lawyer. He was the former 29th President of the BCCI from 2008 to 2011. Currently he is serving as the President of BCCI. He belongs to Vidarbha Cricket Association. He is known for his flawless clean image and track record for honor in cricketing circles as a Cricket Supervisor.
About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI):
- It is the India’s central body for cricket nationwide.
- It is the world’s richest cricket board.
- It was established during 1928 replacing Calcutta Cricket Club.
- It is private club listed under Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975.
- It is a member of ICC (International Cricket Council).
- Its main function is to select players, umpires and officials in International cricket events and has total control over them.
About Shashank Manohar chosen as BCCI President:
- This decision was taken in the Special General Meeting of BCCI.
- Shashank Manohar was chosen as BCCI president for the second time in the place of late former president Jagmohan Dalmiya, who was president for 7 months after winning election in March 2015.
- In this election held Manohar was the only candidate without any opposition and who was elected by the BCCI.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 6, 2015