Shiv Thapa- Indian Boxer achieves no. 2 in World Rankings [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Shiv Thapa: Shiva Thapa was born on 8th December 1993. He is an Indian boxer by profession from Guwahati of Assam, India. He is supported by Anglian Medal Hunt Company. This company supports young Indian players for their global competitive success.
- Shiva Thapa participated in the London Olympics in 2012 and he was the youngest Indian boxer to qualify for the Olympics.
- He achieved 3rd rank in the bantamweight category in the AIBA Men’s World Ranking.
About his achievements:
- He received Gold medal at the Asian Games and becomes the third Indian boxer to win gold.
- He also won the silver medal in the 54 - kg category at the Youth Olympics.
- He was named ‘Assamese of the Year’in 2013 and also received the ICC Sports Excellence Award.
- He had also won a bronze medal at the 2015 World championships.
- The Government of Assam compensated him with 100000.
- The Indian Olympic Association awarded him with 400000 and government of Sikkim awarded him 500, 000 rupees cash.
About his no. 2 in world rankings:
- Shiva Thapa has achieved second rank with total 1, 550 points in the latest international rankings of boxing in 56 kilogram category.
- By this ranking he becomes highest ranked Indian boxer.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 6, 2015