Shivraj Chouhan Completes 10 Years as Chief Minister [ Current News (Concise) ]
Shivraj Singh Chouhan Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh has completed 10 years and with this he brake record of senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh With his two back - to - back terms. Digvijaya Singh was Chief Minister for consecutive two years from 1993 - 2003.
- The BJP has organized a celebration on this occasion.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan was sworn - in as the state’s chief minister for the first time on November 29, 2005.
- The BJP - government came to power in 2003 which then passes through political instability by having two chief ministers in a short span of two years.
- In 2003, Union Minister Uma Bharati led a charge again on opposite of chief minister Digvijaya Singh. Ms Bharati continued at the top post from December 8, 2003 to August 22, 2004. after that, Babulal Gaur became the chief minister of the state till November 29, 2005.
About Shivraj Singh Chouhan:
- Mr. Chouhan was born on 5th March 1959.
- He is 18th current Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
- Mr. Chouhan has replaced Babulal Gaur (present Home Minister of the state) in 2005.
- Mr. Chouhan first got elected as an MLA in 1989 - 90 from Budhni Assembly seat and was later forced to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Vidisha against his wishes.
- From 1991 he had represented the Vidisha Lok Sabha seat for five consecutive terms till 2004.
- He had work for the party in a number of important positions; he was not familiar with any administrative position till he became the chief minister in 2005.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 30, 2015