Shoaib Malik Pakistani cricketer announces retirement from test cricket [ Current News (Concise) ]
Former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik declared his retirement from Test cricket. He will now play only in the One - Day International (ODI). He made this declaration after finishing Test match against England in Sharjah.
- He had made a comeback in Test format after five years of gap.
About his career:
- Shoaib Malik had made his ODI debut in 1999 against west indies.
- His Test debut was against Bangladesh in 2001.
- Shoaib Malik had played 35 Tests matches and scored 1, 898 runs.
- It included of three centuries and eight half - centuries.
- He had taken 29 wickets in his Tests career.
- His best was of 4 - 33 against England in October 2015.
- His bowling action also had come under assessment and was barred for one - year ban from international cricket in March 2010.
- He was born on 1 February 1982 and was a former captain of Pakistan cricket team.
- He began as a batsman, and developed his bowling later.
- He is talented of hitting big shots but is also skillful of spinning the strike with good placement. .
- He is married to Indian tennis player Sania Mirza.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 4, 2015