Shreya Iyer Becomes First Woman in Indian National Rally Championship of Motorsport [ Current News (Concise) ]
Shreya Iyer becomes first woman to win a National motorsport championship in Indian National motorsport championship 2016 Rally. Shreya has begun to ride bikes at the age of 17 and rode widely across India including the inaccessible Suru valley in the Himalayas.
About Shreya Iyer:
- She had also completed the difficult Southern India biking expedition of 2, 000 kilometers in just 6 days. She is an inspiration for women to gain career in biking field as biking is just considered as man’s sport.
- TVS Racing gives opportunity and encouragement to women to take biking sport as a career.
- Motorsport is a universal term used to include the group of competitive events of motorized vehicles, whether for racing or non-racing competition.
- This also includes motorcycle racing which is also called as bike racing. Road racing is the sport of racing motorcycles on hard surfaces like roads, usually covered with runway.
- Races can be either on purpose-built racing routes or on closed public roads.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 27, 2016