Silver medal at 2015 World Junior badminton Championships won by Siril Verma [ Current News (Concise) ]
Excellent Young Indian shuttler Siril Verma has won silver medal at the significant 2015 BWF World Junior badminton Championships. The BWF World Junior Championships (is a tournament organized by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) to crown the best junior badminton players (under - 19) in the world.
- In the final match played at the Peruvian capital of Lima, the 15 - year - old Siril lost to Taipei’s Chia Hung Lu Chia by 21 - 17, 10 - 21, 7 - 21 score.
- Siril has joined the elite list of Indians shuttlers such as Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, RMV Gurusaidutt, HS Prannoy and Sameer Verma who have won medals for India in the Junior World Championships.
- Siril is enduring training at the Hyderabad based Pullela Gopichand Academy which trains India’s top badminton players.
- This is also India’s first medal since 2011, when Sameer Verma picked up the bronze in boys’ singles.
- Published on: November 18, 2015