Smart City Mission Project Launched by PM Narendra Modi in Pune [ Current News (Concise) ]
The ‘Smart City Mission’ involving 83 projects been launched from 20 different cities in the country by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at function held at Pune’s Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex one year after it was announced. During the launch PM Narendra Modi requested people not to reflect urbanization as a problem but an occasion.
- He also specified that cities can fight deficiency and it is essential to strengthen their capacity to fight the deficiency.
- The ‘Smart City Mission’ projects launched comprised 14 projects of Pune (Maharashtra) and 69 projects from 20 different shortlisted cities in the country to be realized at a cost of 1, 770 crore rupees.
- These projects are associated to water supply projects, sewage treatment plants, solid waste management under Swachh Bharat Mission and development of green and open spaces below Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
- It also contains housing projects for urban poor below Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) and area expansion and technology founded pan-city solutions below Smart Cities Mission.
- Along with it PM Modi also inaugurated ‘Make Your City SMART’ contest which is aimed at involving citizens’ participation in designing smart cities and ‘Smart Net Portal’ which enables the cities under changed urban missions to share solutions and ideas for many issues during the implementation of various missions.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 28, 2016