Smart Village Program Launched by Gujarat Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
Smart Village program has been launched by Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on the occasion of completion of two years of her Government to improve public facilities in the villages. It was launched by.
- 300 villages will be selected under the Smart Village program.
- On the basis of Gram Panchayat’s performance through a transparent process the villages will be shortlisted by the state-level committee consisting of experts.
- It aims to make villages ‘smart’ such as Smart Cities with which they can become self-reliant, clean and hygienic.
- Toilets, cleanliness, drop-out rate in primary schools, underfeeding ratio, Anganwadi facilities, vaccination of children, ATVT services are some restrictions on which village will be adjudged as ‘Smart Village’.
- The state government will give 80 lakh to 2 crore rupees cash support to improve public facilities in the villages.
- CM has also announced to felicitate Sarpanchs of villages from the state which have completed 100 percent toilet targets.
- Published on: May 24, 2016