Solar energy has lighted at Indo-Pak border in Jaisalmer [ Current News (Concise) ]
This is the first ever kind of project attempted by country in India - Pakistan border located Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan has been successfully lighted with solar power generator. Under the guidelines of union home ministry, solar - based water heating system of five megawatt is proposed to be set up at Jaisalmer.
- The Union Home ministry has planted the solar energy condensation plant at a cost of 6 crore and 45 lakh rupees in sarkari tala area of Jaisalmer.
- This project was set up the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), At the cost of 5 rupees 45 paisa per unit Power will be generated from the plant would be sold by SECI.
- If this project will be successful then all the international borders of the country will be powered with solar lighting and fencing by installing such solar plants.
- It will be beneficial for final implementation of this method would save crores of rupees on power bills of the government and end the huge power plant expenses for running the generator sets.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 24, 2015