Steve Smith has won ICC Cricketer of the year [ Current News (Concise) ]
ICC Cricketer of the Year award has been won by Australian captain Steve Smith at ICC Awards ceremony held at Dubai. Smith has done leading run-scorer in Tests with 1, 734 runs in 25 innings of 13 matches at an average of 82.57. This included seven centuries and six half-centuries.
- In 26 One-Day Internationals, Smith scored 1, 249 runs at an average of just under 60 with four centuries and eight half-centuries.
- Smith was also named the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year.
About Steve Smith
- He was born on 2 June 1989 in Sydney, Australia.
- He had debuted in 2010 agents West Indies
- Represents Australia, New South Wales Blues, and Sydney Sixes.
- He is currently the captain of the Australia national cricket team in Test & ODI formats.
- He was initially selected for Australia as an all-rounder who could bowl right-arm leg spin; Smith now plays primarily as a batsman.
About ICC Awards
- The ICC Awards is a set of sports awards for cricket.
- The awards recognize and honor the best international cricket players of the previous 12 months.
- The Awards has been institutionalized by International Cricket Council since 2004
- Published/Last Modified on: December 23, 2015