Sudarshan Sen Appointed Executive Director of RBI [ Current News (Concise) ]
Sudarshan Sen has been appointed as Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). He will replace NS Vishwanathan who was elevated as Deputy Governor of RBI. Sudarshan Sen will look after Department of Banking Regulation, Department of Co-operative Bank Regulation and Department of Non-Banking Regulation.
- Sudarshan Sen is a senior officer in the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with over 32 years of experience in various capacities in the Bank.
- He has wide experience in various areas such as:
About Sudarshan Sen
- Sudarshan Sen holds MBA degree in International Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- He works on various government committees on national policy matters and also represents RBI on the Supervision and Implementation Group of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
- He has experience in the central banker and has a long association with the RBI in the field of supervision and regulation.
- He also worked as the Regional Director of Ahmedabad office of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 5, 2016