Supreme Court appointed Justice Sanjay Mishra as Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh [ Current News (Concise) ]
About appointment of Sanjay Mishra: Supreme Court approved the appointment of Justice Sanjay Mishra as Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh. He succeeds Justice Virendra Singh, who was appointed as Lokayukta of UP in December, 2015.
- For this appointment, court evoked its earlier order of appointing Justice Virendra Singh as Lokayukta of UP because some objections were raised against Singh’s appointment.
- The Lokayukt is appointed by people.
- It is an anti-corruption ombudsman organization in every States of India.
- Maharashtrawas the first state who announces the institution of Lokayukta through ’The Lokayukta’ and ‘Upa-Lokayuktas Act’ in 1971.
- Karnataka Lokayuktais known as the most powerful Lokayukta of India.
About responsibility of a Lokayukta:
- The LokAyukta who works with the Income Tax Department and the Anti-Corruption Bureau, generally helps people expose corruption among the Politicians and GovernmentOfficials.
- Published on: February 1, 2016