Sushma corners Congress over Bagrodia [ Current News (Concise) ]
External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday supposed that a senior Congress leader approached her for a diplomatic passport for coal scam and accused Santosh Bagrodia who is a politician from Indian National Congress was a Member of the Parliament of India representing Rajasthan in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament till 2010.
- Coal allocation scam is a major political scandal concerning the Indian government’s allocation of the nation’s coal deposits to public sector entities (PSEs) and private companies.
- Swaraj, who is facing opposition heat for allegedly supporting tainted former IPL chief Lalit Modi’s bid for British travel papers, said she will reveal the name of the Congress leader in Parliament.
- AMR Iron and Steel Pvt Ltd, Mumbai Bandar as accused in connection with the coal block allocation of coal satisfaction Bagrodia former Minister of State for Special CBI court summons has been issued.
- Special CBI Judge ordered framing of charges, 420 (cheating) read with 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant) under the IPC and sentenced under clauses under the relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Crimes note (to PC) Act.
- The court has now fixed July 31 for formal framing of charges and directed all the accused to remain present in the court on that day.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 23, 2015