Susmita Pande is Appointed as Chairperson of National Monument Authority by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
Susmita Pande is appointed as new chairperson of the National Monument Authority (NMA) by the Union Government. She will replace Himanshu Prabha Ray and shall fill the post which was misleading vacant for five months after demission of Ray from office.
- She is currently serving as a professor at Ujjain’s Vikram University.
- She was the head of the School of Studies in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology in Vikram University of Madhya Pradesh before her appointment.
About National Monuments Authority (NMA)
- NMA is quasi-judicial body that meanings under the guidance of Union Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- It’s headquartered is located at New Delhi.
- It has authority to brand orientations to Union Government for grading and classifying centrally endangered monuments and threatened areas declared as of national importance.
- It is also accountable for the safeguarding and protection of monuments and sites.
- It achieves the controlled and forbidden area around the centrally endangered monuments.
- Published on: April 18, 2016