Swachh Paryatan Mobile App Has Been Launched by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
With the aim to keep tourist places clean Union Government has launched “Swachh Parayatan” mobile application. Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma has launched this application in New Delhi.
- The Union Ministry of Tourism through Delhi eGovernance Society (DeGS) and National Informatics Centre (NIC) have jointly implemented this project.
- At the initially phase the application facility will be accessible for 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The project monitoring unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in the Union Ministry of Tourism will monitor this mobile app.
- This mobile app provides facility to citizens, tourists to take photograph of garbage seen at the monument and upload it on the app along with their remarks.
- And this uploaded images and remarks will send to the ASI Nodal Officer via SMS who is concerned with the monument to take appropriate action to clean the garbage.
- And confirmation about the redressal of the complaint will send via SMS by the Nodal Officer.
- At first phase this application is only available for Android Phones and later it will be available on Apple and Microsoft platforms.
- Published on: February 23, 2016