Swati Dandenkar (Indian-American) appointed as US Director of ADB [ Current News (Concise) ]
As the next United States director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) India - born Swati Dandenkar has been appointed. US President Barack Obama was nominated her for this position and was designated with rank of an ambassador.
- She would US Director of ADB on the place of Robert M Orr who has held this position since 2010.
About Swati Dandenkar
- Swati Dandenkar was born on March 6, 1951 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- She was shifted to the US in 1973 with her husband Arvind.
- She had completed her BS degree in Biology and Chemistry from Nagpur University and a graduate diploma from Mumbai University in dietetics.
- The first Indian - born American citizen to win a state legislature seat in the United States was Swati Dandenkar.
- From 2003 to 2009, she was a member of the Iowa House of Representatives and was also member of the Iowa Senate from 2009 to 2011. Later
- From 2011 to 2013, she had served on the Iowa Utilities Board and member of the Vision Iowa Board of Directors from 2000 to 2003.
- She has also served as Chair president (formerly) of the National Foundation for Women Legislators in 2011.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 24, 2015