Swine Flu is Notified Under Epidemic Disease Act by Punjab Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
Under the Epidemic Disease Act Punjab Government has notified swine flu (H1N1) in order to prevent the spread of disease in the state. Based on recommendations of state advisory committee headed by Dr. D Behera Health and Family Welfare Department of state has issued notification in this regard.
Key highlights of notification:
- According to this notification all government and private hospitals in state will have to inform the Health Department about a case of ILI (Influenza like Illness) having chronic diseases.
- And this kind of medical cases will be treated as early as possible and proper guidelines of the government should be followed.
- All hospitals across the state will have to keep suspected as well as confirmed cases (patients) of swine flu in isolation in order to be protected from the spread of the disease.
- In case a suspected or confirmed case of swine flu is reported all hospitals have to inform the Health department compulsory.
- For all the swine flu infected patients treatment will be provided free of cost as suggested by the Government.
- It was observed that swine flu (H1N1) patients in state who have suffered from other continuing diseases had a high mortality rate as compared to patients who did not have continuing diseases by the Dr. D Behera advisory committee.
- It also had mentioned that and patients treated by private doctors were only referred to higher centres after they became critical, due to this the death rate is increased.
Swine flu (swine influenza):
- It is a respirational disease caused by viruses (influenza viruses) which is infects due to the breathing tract of pigs.
- H1N1 (Hemagglutinin Type 1 and Neuraminidase Type 1) is derived from influenza A virus which was the most common cause of human influenza (flu).
Its common symptoms are:
- Nasal secretions
- A barking cough
- Decreased appetite
- Listless behaviour
- Published on: March 18, 2016