TRAI Launches Myspeed App to Measure Real Time Mobile Internet Speed [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched ‘MySpeed’ mobile application for measuring real time mobile Internet speed that consumers get. It would start the process within a month to frame new service quality norms for wireless data.
- This is the first application to be launched under the Digital India initiative, which is directly trying to challenge the issue of poor data speeds.
About Myspeed App (TRAI) :
- Consumers using this app can check the speed of home broadband’s Wi-Fi or their 3G or 4G connection.
- Myspeed App through we will get real time data from customers.
- This will be put on TRAI Analytics Portal. It will show mobile data speed of each operator in a given area on real time basis.
- The application permits user to send coverage, data speed and network information along with place and device to a TRAI analytics portal.
- This app is available for download on Google Play store and Mobile Seva app store.
- It is compatible with smartphones running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and above.
- The data collected from this app will be directly transmitted to TRAI’s analytics portal and save them described of the internet speeds in India.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) was established on February 20, 1997 by an Act of Parliament to regulate telecom services and tariffs in India.
- One of its main objectives is to provide a fair and transparent environment that promotes a level playing field and facilitates fair competition in the market.
Created by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997
New Delhi, India
- Published on: July 7, 2016