TRAI make mandatory for Telecom operators to pay consumers by Rs 1 for call bead [ Current News (Concise) ]
About TRAI: TRAI stands for Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. It is the self - governing controller of the telecommunications business in India. TRAI was established on 20th February, 1997 by an Act of Parliament to regulate telecom services and prices in India.
- Earlier, Central Government was overseen the rule of telecom services and tariffs.
- Its goal is to create and raise conditions for growth of telecommunications in India to enable the country to have a leading role for developing worldwide info society.
About making mandatory for telecom operators:
- TRAI has made compulsory for telecom operators to pay consumers by Rs. 1 for call beads and it will come in effect from 1 January 2016.
- The payment will be limited to three released calls in a particular day.
- They also made compulsory for telecom operators to send a message to the calling customer within 4 hours of the occurrence of call bead with the details of amount credited in his/her account.
- The payment details of the credit should be provided in the next bill, in case of post - paid customers.
About Call bead:
- Call bead occurs after voice call is disturbed or disconnected before it is completed.
- Call bead represents failure of telecom operator to maintain a successfully customary call previous to their normal end.
- Call bead may occur when the signal strength of mobile tower of telecom operator goes below the minimum usual single which can make a call.
- It can also occur if any intrusion created by bad environmental conditions.
- Published on: October 20, 2015