TREAD Assistance Scheme Women Entrepreneurship Programme (Download PDF)

()

Download PDF of This Page (Size: 330.90 K)

The focus of the Trade Related Entrepreneurship Development Assistance Scheme (TREAD) is to promote self-employment and income generation activities for women mostly from SHG groups in non-farm sector. TREAD envisages economic empowerment of women through grant upto 30 % of Loan sanctioned to NGOs for undertaking capacity-building activities such as training, counselling, participation in exhibitions, and establishment of new SHGs etc.

TREAD Women Entrepreneurship Programme

TREAD Women Entrepreneurship Programme

TREAD Women Entrepreneurship Programme

Objectives

  • Apart from counseling and training, delivery of credit poses the most serious problem for the poor women. Dearth of information on existing status of women and their common needs prevents government from providing necessary support. Thus, credit is made available to women applicants through NGOs capable of handling funds appropriately.
  • NGOs to not only handle disbursement of loans but also provide adequate counseling, training and assistance in developing markets.

Revised Tread Scheme for Empowerment of Women

Credit

  • Government grants up to 30 % of the total project cost and lending institutions would finance the remaining 70 % as loan assistance to applicant women who have no easy access to credit
  • Help poor & usually illiterate and semi-literate women to provide adequate security demanded by banks.
  • GOI grant and loan routed through eligible NGOs engaged in assisting poor women for activities in non-farm sector.

Assistance for Training & Counseling

  • Training organizations like Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Entrepreneurship Development Institutes (EDIs), NISIET and the NGOs conducting training programmes for empowerment of women would be provided a grant provided such institutions bring their share to the extent of minimum 25%.

Assistance on Related Needs

  • Institutions such as Entrepreneurship Development Institutes (EDIs), NIMSME, NIESBUD, IIE, MSME-DIs EDIs sponsored by State Govt. provided need based Government grant for undertaking empowerment of women such as field surveys, research studies, evaluation studies, designing of training modules, etc.

Non-Farming Activities

The non-farming activities taken up by women include tailoring, handicrafts, embroidery, toy making, readymade garments, candle making, agarbatti making, paper cup and plate making, masala powder making, saree weaving, coir mat making, pickles making, readymade garments, basketry and brooms making, jute bag making etc.

- Published/Last Modified on: August 21, 2017

Govt. Schemes/Projects

Doorsteptutor material for CLAT GK-Current-Affairs is prepared by worlds top subject experts- fully solved questions with step-by-step exaplanation- practice your way to success.

Developed by: