Taj Mahal becomes first memorial in world to have Twitter account [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Taj Mahal: Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum (a large stately tomb). It is located on the southern bank of Yamuna River in Agra of Uttar Pradesh. Mughal emperor Shah Jahan who ruled from 1628 to 1658 was built it in 1632 in memory of his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal is completely built in 1653 at a probable cost of that time around 32 million Indian rupees.
- It is widely recognized as “the jewel of Muslim art in India”.
- It is one of the world’s most famous constructions and a symbol of India’s rich history.
- It was elected in UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983.
- The Taj Mahal attracts near about 3 million visitors a year.
About its own twitter account:
- Taj Mahal became the first historical memorials in the world to have a Twitter account of its own.
- It’s official Twitter handle@TajMahal was launched by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on day before 69th Independence Day in Lucknow.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 18, 2015