Tata Trusts decides to develop 264 villages under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) enterprise [ Current News (Concise) - Government Schemes ]
About Tata Trust: Sir Ratan Tata Trust was started in 1919 with capital of Rs. 8 million. This Trust is one of the oldest grant giving foundations in India. Jamsetji Tata who was founder of Tata group led the first Trust JN Tata Endowment in 1892.
About development of 264 villages:
- Tata Trust has decided to develop 264 villages in Vijayawada of Andhra Pradesh under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) enterprise.
- Tata Sons looking for his association to develop model villages in his community under SAGY enterprise.
- Tata Trusts will develop 264 villages with aims that they can build self - sustainable and self - driven villages and people can live with happiness.
- Andhra Pradesh has recognized this idea and its government will help by giving Rs. 600 to 700 crore under the governmental schemes.
About Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a rural development programme.
- It mainly focuses on the development of villages in which social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people of villages.
- This scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 11th October 2014.
- Published on: August 19, 2015