Telangana Government inks MoU with Google to build biggest campus outside US in Hyderabad [ Current News (Concise) ]
Telangana Government K. Chandrasekhar Rao has inked a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with tech giant Google Inc to build biggest campus outside US in Hyderabad. Telangana Secretary of IT Jayesh Ranjan and Google’s global head David Redcliffe signed between MoU in Google headquarters at Mountain View in USA.
- Google’s Hyderabad campus will be second-biggest in the world and the first in Asia. It will be set up worth at Rs 1,000 crore and expected to be ready by 2020.
- Google’s Hyderabad campus will formally start in 2016 and Telangana Government will allocate seven acres of land in Gachibowli, a major IT suburb of Hyderabad.
- This compass will have two million square feet working space and employ around 13,000 technologists that will be recruited over a period of four years for this project.
- Apart from this, Telangana Government will propose another decision to include Hyderabad in its Street View project of Google was also taken.
- A Street of Google View is a tool in Google Map that enables users to have a 360 degrees panoramic view of streets, roads and monuments.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 15, 2015