Telangana Signs MoU with ISRO for Water Resources Info System [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
Telangana Irrigation Department signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation. This agreement sign for the setting up a Telangana Water Resources Information System (TWRIS) on the ‘Bhuvan’ web portal.
The objective is to capture every field-level irrigation network involves:
- Main and field channels, etc
- It’s also aims to mark every irrigation structure on satellite visualisation tool Bhuvan (similar to Google Earth).
- Project will be completed in one year
- The presence of Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao and ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar the MoU will be signed at the Hyderabad-headquartered National Remote Sensing Centre of ISRO.
- It will measure the accurate reserves of water in thousands of Tanks and reservoirs in the state.
- Its covers major, medium and minor irrigation projects.
- Field engineers would be trained to capture all required information.
- It’s also trained to upload the capture information on the platform.
- Published on: August 9, 2016