Telangana government, ICRISAT ink MoU to promote IT-based information for farmers [ Current News (Concise) ]
Telangana government and ICRISAT (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics) inked MoU (memorandum of Understanding) to promote IT-based information for farmers. According to the MoU, ICRISAT seeks to provide Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-based knowledge sharing platforms and other agricultural innovation initiatives to farmers in order to improve their productivity.
- The MoU (memorandum of Understanding)) was signed by ICRISAT Director General David Bergvinson, C Parthasarathi, Secretary and Agriculture-Production Commissioner and Jayesh Ranjan, Secretary, IT, Electronics & Communications of Telangana Government.
- Under these innovative digital initiative expert systems delivery mechanism for real time advisories, information dissemination and improved access to market information will be revitalised.
- ICRISAT (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics) will also enable state government create new economic opportunities through digital agriculture and enable to create direct linkages between consumers and farmers.
- Partnership between both parties will help to boost collaboration in the field of digital agriculture along with agricultural research value chain.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 10, 2015