Tharindu Kaushal, Sri Lankan spinner disqualified from bowling doosra by ICC [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Tharindu Kaushal: Paskuwal Handi Tharindu Kaushal was born on 5th March 1993. He is a Sri Lankan cricketer by profession. He plays for ODIs and Tests at international level and for Nondescripts Cricket Club in national stadium.
- He is a right - arm off disruption bowler and he also bats right - handed.
About disqualified from bowling doosra:
- The International Cricket Council declared that Kaushal can continue to bowl his standard delivery the off spinner in international matches but he will not be permitted to use the “doosra”.
- Doosra is the ball that is delivered with an off spinner’s action but turns way from the right handed batsman.
- He was disqualified because match officials reported him for an irregular action at the end of the final Test against India earlier September month.
- If a test for a second time proves him to be bowling with an illegal action the bowler will be disqualified from bowling at all in international matches for one year by ICC.
- The ICC recently also disqualified Pakistan off spinner Mohammad Hafeez from bowling for 12 months because he was proven second time to bowling with an illegal action.
- Published on: October 1, 2015