The 9th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Kalikho Pul Has Taken Sworn [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 9th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Kalikho Pul has taken sworn after Governor JP Rajkhowa used his discretionary powers to appoint him. The Governor in a simple function at Raj Bhawan in Itanagar was administered his oath to the office and secrecy.
- He has support of 32 MLAs including the Congress rebels, BJP legislators and 2 independent legislators.
- Earlier From 2003 until 2007 Kalikho Pul has served in Congress Party and as State Finance Minister in the Government led by then Chief Minister Gegong Apang.
- President Pranab Mukherjee had given his assent to left President’s Rule under Article 356.
- This had concrete the way for government formation.
- On 26th January the Supreme Court emptied its stay order on revocation of it which was imposed following the political crisis in the north eastern hill state.
- 21 out of 47 ruling Congress legislators in the 60-member house had protested with 11 BJP and 2 independent legislators and extended support to Kalikho Pul to form new government in December 2015
- Published on: February 23, 2016