The First Phase of Kalinganagar is Plant in Odisha by Tata Steel Commission [ Current News (Concise) ]
The First Phase of Kalinganagar is Plant in Odisha at Kalinganagar steel plant in Jajpur district of Odisha. Chief Minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated it, with ambition of industrializing the state promptly.
About Kalinganagar Plant
- Kalinganagar steel plant is a largest Greenfield steel project of the country and second biggest project of the company.
- Tata has invested Rs. 25, 000 crore in this project and the plant is spread across 2200 acre land.
- The plant has 6 million tonnes per annum capacity, and it produce flat, lighter, high - tensile strength steel.
- This plant has open opportunities for 25, 000 new recruitments. in which 3000 people have get direct employment and 22, 000 or more than it people can got job indirectly.
- This Plant has on - side power generation of 202 MW through waste gases released by coke oven and blast furnace. And plant also has most advanced carbon health technology in country.
- Planning of Tata steel is to expand the capacity of Kalinganagar plant to 16 million tonnes per annum up to year 2025 with the investment of about Rs. 1 lakh crore.
- Chairman of Tata Group Cyrus P Mistry said that this Plant is key commitment from us for sustain growth of over nation, and they also invest Rs. 2, 000 crore to develop khandbandh where the steel plant is feed.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 20, 2015